A soft, aliphatic, polyester-based, aqueous polyurethane dispersion.
Suggested Uses: HD-2101 was designed primarily for use on flexible substrates as a coating, saturant or impregnant.
- Outstanding toughness and abrasion resistance
- Excellent water and chemical resistance
- Exceptionally high melting point for a medium soft polymer
- Can be crosslinked to enhance performance
- Dilution and clean-up with ordinary tap water
- Contains n-methyl pyrrolidone (NMP) co-solvent
|Solids ||40 %
|Solids Tolerance ||± 1 %
|Viscosity ||75 to 200 cps
|pH||8.5 to 10.0
|Density ||8.8 lb/gal
|Softening Point ||325 ºF
|Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) Content (As Supplied) ||145 g/L
|Sward Hardness ||10
|Elongation ||500 %
|Tensile Strength ||>5000 psi
|100 % Modulus ||700 psi
|200 % Modulus ||1100 psi
|300 % Modulus ||2000 psi
|Note ||Tested at 20 inches/minute
|HD-2101 can be used as a sole vehicle or blended with harder polyurethane dispersions or acrylic emulsions for spray or rotogravure applications. Rheology modifications can be made with associative thickeners for alternative application methods.|
HD-2101 can be air dried, if desired, depending on film thickness. Typical drying temperatures and dwell times for aqueous coatings are sufficient to produce optimal film properties.