A soft, aliphatic, polycarbonate-based, polyurethane dispersion.
suggested Uses: HD-2501 was designed primarily for use on flexible substrates as a coating, saturant or impregnant.
- Maximum hydrolytic stability and oxidation resistance
- Outstanding toughness and abrasion resistance
- Good water and chemical resistance
- Can be crosslinked to enhance performance
- Dilution and clean-up with ordinary tap water
- Contains n-methyl pyrrolidone (NMP) co-solvent
|Solids ||40 %
|Solids Tolerance ||± 1 %
|Viscosity ||75 to 200 cps
|pH||8.5 to 10.0
|Softening Point ||240 ºF
|Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) Content (As Supplied) ||145 g/L
|Sward Hardness ||10|
|Ult. Tensile Strength ||>7300 psi
|100 % Modulus ||875 psi
|200 % Modulus ||1450 psi
|300 % Modulus ||2950 psi
|Note ||Tested at 20 inches/minute
HD-2501 can be used as a sole vehicle or blended with acrylic emulsions for spray or rotogravure applications. It may be thickened with associative thickeners for knife-over-roll or similar methods.
HD-2501 may be air dried, if desired, depending on film thickness. Typical drying temperatures and dwell times for aqueous coatings are sufficient to produce optimal film properties.