A low cost, aromatic, polyether-based, aqueous polyurethane dispersion.
Suggested Uses: HD-3011 is a highly versatile coatings and adhesive polymer for applications where lightfastness is not critical. Its dry surface and high melting point properties prevent blocking problems. Excellent for use as a solvent (MEK) reactivate-able adhesive for bonding and laminating applications. Compatible with acrylic and other aqueous polymers for optimum cost/performance balance.
- Medium soft, tough, flexible film
- Unusually dry surface for non-blocking applications
- High melting for thermal stability
- Can be crosslinked with melamines or aziridines for true thermoset character and increased adhesion.
- Excellent hydrolytic stability
- Contains n-methyl pyrrolidone (NMP) co-solvent
|Viscosity||50 to 200 cps|
|pH||7.0 to 9.5|
|Softening Point||300º F|
|Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) Content (As Supplied)||62 g/L|
|Tensile Strength||>4000 psi|
|100% Modulus||1100 psi|
|200% Modulus||1600 psi|
|300% Modulus||2000 psi|
|Note||Tested at 20 inches/minute|
HD-3011 can be used as a sole vehicle or blended with acrylic emulsions for spray, dip, or rotogravure applications. It can be thickened with associative thickeners for alternative application methods.
HD-3011 can be air dried at ambient room temperatures. Typical drying temperatures and dwell times for aqueous coatings are sufficient to produce optimal film properties.